Practical Protection Device - Defensive Control Pen
In any self defense situations, there are no trophies for second place. There are no rules to this game, and everything is allowed. During a fight for your life, having the aid of a self defense tool to supplement quality training, can mean the difference between life or death. "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you did not properly prepare for your mission" David Hackworth, Colonel, United States Army.
There are no guarantees in physical combat. The sad truth is that in every physical altercation, someone will win and someone will lose. The margin of victory in some situations may be negligible. It is in these situations, that the aid of a Practical Protection Device (PPD) can swing the odds in your favor. The PPD works by giving you mechanical leverage against your opponents vulnerable pressure points. When employed correctly, the PPD causes short term debilitating pain which can allow you to evade control holds, escape chokes, gain control of your attacker or escape the encounter. Because they are so highly effective, these are the same type of devices that are issued to Law Enforcement Officers to use in controlling combative or emotionally disturbed persons.
Make no mistake, there are numerous self defense devices available for personal protection. The issue with most are they are bulky, mechanical or electronic and prone to failure or simply do not work. The reason a PPD out preforms other protection devices is first in its simplistic design. It is sturdy by design has no moving parts to break and no electronics to fail. Secondly, the PPD is sleek, compact and functions as a high quality pen. These traits make the PPD a welcome addition to your every day carry (EDC).
The PPD is multi-functional in that it can also serve a number of roles other than just self defense. The PPD's honed design allows it to function as a glass breaking tool. It can be used to escape a submerged vehicle following a crash or fleeing an unsecured room during an active shooter event. These are very real threats people find themselves in every day. Lives are lost daily due to blood lose from potentially survivable injuries. These injuries could be the result of a vehicle collision, injury in the workplace, or a violent attack. When coupled with a sturdy piece of fabric such as a handkerchief or strip of cloth, the PPD can be used as a windless to create an impromptu tourniquet. When utilizing the PPD as a medical aid, your chance of surviving such an injury increases exponentially. School shootings are on the rise year after year, why not provide your loved one with the tools and training that could one day save their life. As with many tools in life, it is better to have and never need, than need and not have. Just for its life saving capabilities, the PPD and its accompanying training are well worth the investment for you and your loved ones.
The worst regret anyone could be burdened by, is knowing something tragic happened to a loved one, and an investment in training, could have saved their life.
- Method of Carry
- Guidelines of Use
- Legal Concerns
- Avoiding the Clinch
- Escaping Front Bear Hug
- Passing the Rear Bear Hug
- Evading the Rear Naked Choke
- Side Headlock Escape
- Employment as a glass breaking tool
- Use as a windless in a tourniquet
What You Will Receive Upon Completion:
- A Practical Protection Device (included with the cost of tuition)
- A certification of completion for the course valid for one year.
- 2 hours
- Open registration classes are $60. Private classes are available upon request. Contact Us.
- Appropriate training clothing including athletic foot wear.
- Bring water for hydration.
- Remove all jewelry and watches before attending class.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early for class to allow time for check in and waiver forms.
- Minimum age to attend this course is 13.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present, prior to the start of the course, to a sign waiver. Guardians are not required to remain for the entirety of the class.
- No refunds will be issued for this course.
Upcoming Training Dates:
July 17, 2019 6:00 PM Dance Factory 108 Bernard St. Erath, La.